Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to Siri's voice? Why is it so robotic? Please help!

Hello there!

I recently purchased an iPhone 5s and I am noticing that while using Siri, her voice sounds very robotic and not like the Siri voice I left behind on my old 4s.

I purposely did not backup my iPhone 4s when I purhcased the 5s because my phone was buggy and the Apple reps said to do everything from scratch when I got my new phone. (They didn't want the old crap to transfer to the new so I started fresh).

I read on some blogs that if people turn off / back on Siri, she 'finds' her new / better voice, but I've had no such luck. Some people also said to turn off the 'enhanced' slider and turn it back on, which I've done as well.

I've given it 3 days -- thinking maybe she'd get a secret update or something. But sadly, she still sounds like a robot. I mean, she is a robot -- but she sounds WAYYYY more robotic now and not like the more natural sounding female I had on the 4s.

How can I fix this? I use Siri ALOT and it's bugging the heck out of me!

Thanks so much!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 2:00 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2014 8:23 AM in response to Tinmansm

Hello Tinmansm,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iOS: About Siri

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4992

Can I change how Siri sounds?

New female and male voices will be available initially in U.S. English, French, and German. You can change the gender by going toSettings > General > Siri > Voice Gender. Your iOS device initially uses a compact voice for Siri. iOS will automatically download and install a more natural-sounding voice when you first connect to power and a Wi-Fi network.

Best of luck,

Mario

What happened to Siri's voice? Why is it so robotic? Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.