Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I currently have iPhoto 8.1.2 on my macbook pro and am trying to update to the latest version. I have had to work backward, but I can only get back to 9.1, which will not install because it says I need at least 9.0 to install it. Is 9.0 available?

I currently have iPhoto 8.1.2 on my macbook pro and am trying to update to the latest version. I have had to work backward, but I can only get back to 9.1, which will not install because it says I need at least 9.0 to install it. Is 9.0 available? Will I need to go back even further? Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 3:35 PM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2014 4:13 PM in response to aknitter52

Upgrading from iPhoto 8 to iPhoto 9 requires a purchase. There are two ways to get to iPhoto 9:

1 - purchase a copy of the iLife 11 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com.

2 - if your MBP meets the requirements upgrade you system for free to Mavericks. Then you can purchase the latest iPhoto version, 9.5.1, from the App Store.

OT

I currently have iPhoto 8.1.2 on my macbook pro and am trying to update to the latest version. I have had to work backward, but I can only get back to 9.1, which will not install because it says I need at least 9.0 to install it. Is 9.0 available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.