Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie ios not exporting

So I used this app for a tradeshow last year to do on the floor videos, edit and upload. I am doing another next week. I was doing a test of the app and I cannot get it to export a video whatsoever. I have tried exporting directly to the camera roll and to yourtube. It is only a 20 sec clip nothing huge. I have tried on WIFI and on 4G. I am leaving in two days and I need this to work. help me!

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.2

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 6:46 PM

10 replies

Aug 7, 2014 8:57 PM in response to mcasey89

Same here. Have exported a handful of movies before..faced this issue for the first time a few days ago. What footage are you trying to edit and export? (E.g. Shot with camera app, other social media apps like Snapchat, Vine, Instagram?)

I did some troubleshooting..

I was putting together all saved videos from Snapchat.. no luck. Export screen comes up, but progress bar doesn't move.

Mixed some footage in there shot with actual iPhone camera app.. no luck.

Removed all Snapchat footage.. it worked straight away.

BUT ... it would make sense if I didn't just compile a bunch of Snapchat vids a few weeks ago and export them just fine?

So it's something to do with the actual footage I assume?

Aug 15, 2014 8:29 PM in response to lolimiggi

I might have found what is wrong.

I have been having the same issue with 3 different projects. Quite frustrating. Tried everything that was suggested on line (upgrade, free up memory, change something in the project....), including this morning at the Apple Store a complete ios re-install without recovery from back up/cloud.

Nothing helped to allow exporting even new projects.

Then I have found out a possible cause. Please check on your side if it is the same for you.

All 3 iMovies project of mine were starting with a video.

Remove the video and make sure you start with a picture: you can use a black screen with a 5 sec of silence as audio so everything else stays untouched.

Did work for me. All three projects are now exported videos.

Jul 14, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Adamskiphone

This trick helped get me further along. Instead of locking up before starting to export, it started exporting (I could see the progress bar moving). However, I got an error message saying there was a problem during export. Anyone have any other ideas?

Edited: tried again and it worked the second time. What a hack job. But it does what I need for $4.99 so hard to complain too much.

imovie ios not exporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.