Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I tell quicktime to play slow motion?

I see lots of threads, no clear answer, but most threads about previous quicktime versions, that seem to have more playback features.

I have a few 120fps movies (captured by iPhone 5s, but that's irrelevant, could have been captured by any camcorder), and Movie Inspector in QuickTime also agrees they are 120 fps. My problem is that QuickTime plays the movies at normal speed. I do not see any playback controls in Quicktime. I do NOT want to use iMovie.

Now, if I email the movie to myself, I see it in slow motion, in the email on the Mac. Also, everyboy I sent the movie sees it in the mail in slow motion without having to take any extra action, at least on iPhones and Androids.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.6 GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 7:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 10:27 AM

VLC is usually recommended.

Video Player - Divx

Video Player – Flip4Mac

Video Player - VLC

or you can try Quicktime 7.

QuickTime 7

3 replies

Jan 11, 2014 11:59 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you.

I like the VLC playback (finer grained) controls, they do the job, and more.

Just curios, do you think this is a QuickTime 10 bug? If it sees the movie is 120fps, shouldn't it play it back (at least default) at 30fps, just like the movie attachment in the mail?

I used to have QuickTime 7 *Pro*, but got rid of it when I upgraded to Lion or ML, I do not remeber. I mistakenly assumed QT Player 10 had all the features of QT 7 Pro for free, since it could do editing, trimming, and exporting, which QT 7 *Player* could not do.

Does it mean that some features in QT 7 (Player or Pro) are gone for good in QT Player 10? (I would rather keep using VLC than install QT 7 and end up with crazy conflicts between QT 7 and QT 10).

Thanks

How do I tell quicktime to play slow motion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.