Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my songs "grayed out" in my library?

Recently, I had an issue with missing content in my iTunes library and was told that I had to redownload all of my music since none of it was in my library. After doing this, all of the songs were there except there were some that were. This is what I am seeing and talking about. Also by the way, a lot of the songs, if not all, that are blacked out are duplicated because I clicked download everything that isnt in my library again. When I click on the option to show in store, the blacked out songs show up as downloading. Please help me out, any help is apreciated.User uploaded file

iTunes-OTHER, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 9:17 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:07 AM in response to elizabethseneca

Not sure if this will work for everybody but it worked for me. I noticed that the iTunes cloud emblem at the top of my screen was active but all my songs under the cloud were grayed out. I clicked on the emblem and it took me to a page to renew my subscription. (My credit card had been updated recently since I originally signed up with iTunes Match.) Once I renewed my subscription with the current card info, all my music was available!

Why are my songs "grayed out" in my library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.