Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i set Messages to auto answer video chats?

I used to be able to have iMessages and iChat auto-answer incoming video chat/calls. I use this to communicate with staff who may not be able to quickly accept the incoming event.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Hi,

The AppleScript for this is still there.

It can be set in Messages Menu > Preference > General Section in the bottom drop down.

The Sound/alerts pane has gone in Mavericks and sound can now only be changed for "Messages Received".

Although I must admit to not trying it I have presumed the AppleScript would then only work for Text Invites.

Having said that the AppleScript should be able to run as a separate even like an App from the Dock.

The Drop Down in Messages has an Option to Show In Finder effectively.

User uploaded file

9:47 pm Saturday; January 11, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 1:47 PM in response to Timothy Eskew

Hi,

The AppleScript for this is still there.

It can be set in Messages Menu > Preference > General Section in the bottom drop down.

The Sound/alerts pane has gone in Mavericks and sound can now only be changed for "Messages Received".

Although I must admit to not trying it I have presumed the AppleScript would then only work for Text Invites.

Having said that the AppleScript should be able to run as a separate even like an App from the Dock.

The Drop Down in Messages has an Option to Show In Finder effectively.

User uploaded file

9:47 pm Saturday; January 11, 2014

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

how can i set Messages to auto answer video chats?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.