Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with Microsoft office

I've had my macbook for less than a month and my powerpoint and microsoft word have been having problems.

My powerpoint crashes every time i try to play a presentation.

Also my word doesn't let me open other documents that i didnt originally make on my laptop without popping up continuously with "check that your spellchecker is installed" when, it is.

I saw forums which said to turn off grammar and spell checker but what if i want to use it? It is a huge problem that I'm facing.

I've also read that you should update mavericks or the software? but im pretty sure its the newest version...

I am new to macbooks so it would be awesome if anyone could help/has the same issue!

Thank youu 🙂

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 6:41 AM

You are probably better off looking for answers to your Office problems at Microsoft's support site. However I'm a longtime user of Office and share files almost every day with other users, Mac and Windows, without problems. I've also not seen persistant crashes when trying to play presentations. This makes me suspect there's either a problem with your installation of Office or that it isn't up to date. The current version of Office is 14.39 - run any of the Office programs and then looking under the application menu for About ... to see the version number. Or just look under the Help menu and select the Update option to see if there are any updates waiting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 6:41 AM in response to lena_fricker

You are probably better off looking for answers to your Office problems at Microsoft's support site. However I'm a longtime user of Office and share files almost every day with other users, Mac and Windows, without problems. I've also not seen persistant crashes when trying to play presentations. This makes me suspect there's either a problem with your installation of Office or that it isn't up to date. The current version of Office is 14.39 - run any of the Office programs and then looking under the application menu for About ... to see the version number. Or just look under the Help menu and select the Update option to see if there are any updates waiting.

problems with Microsoft office

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.