Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding music to iPod touch and deletes second later!

I'm having a really frustrating time with my 64 gb iPod touch. I'm dealing with the infamous exclamation point and disappearing of songs. I've noticed that this happened since the upgrade to ios 7 and itunes 11. It completely took out my 3,000 song library that was ON my ipod not on my itunes. I have been using a very simple technique since the early dawn of iPod and itunes which is I download a song, load the song to my iPod directly and not itunes and then delete the song. I've noticed that I can't to this anymore and it's really frustrating :/ I still get the exclamation points to songs that I have saved to my computer (not on itunes tho) do I really need to have my music that's saved on my computer to itunes? Is that the only way for itunes to recognize the music on my iPod ? I've been really frustrated and I honestly don't know what to do anymore. Is there anyone that can help with this? Is there another program other than itunes out there compatible with iPod?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:51 PM

3 replies

Jan 11, 2014 2:21 AM in response to Gnarsgnar

I do not understand what y are saying. Especially this " I still get the exclamation points to songs that I have saved to my computer (not on itunes tho) do I really need to have my music that's saved on my computer to itunes? ".

How did the songs get on the computer but not on iTunes? The ! means that iTunes can't find the actual music files.

If you do not ant to place the songs in your iTunes library?

Adding music to iPod touch and deletes second later!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.