Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Questions about airport base

Hey!

I want to buy either the Time Capsule or an extreme.

But I have doubts about the two following things:

1: Is the antenna in the two units exactly the same?

2: Can I lock the hard drive part?

(I live in a house where we are several users on the internet, but I like that it is only me who can access the hard drive).

Kind regards

Mathias Thunbo // Denmark

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 8GB Ram, 750GB HDD, 2GHz Intel

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 2:59 PM

Is the antenna in the two units exactly the same?

Same.. exactly the same now.. the AC version extreme is really a TC without a hard disk or visa versa.. the TC is an Extreme with a hard disk.. this wasn't the case before but it is now.

Can I lock the hard drive part?

(I live in a house where we are several users on the internet, but I like that it is only me who can access the hard drive).

Yes, you can set a password for disk access and not reveal it even under torture by your housemates..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 2:59 PM in response to Mathias Thunbo

Is the antenna in the two units exactly the same?

Same.. exactly the same now.. the AC version extreme is really a TC without a hard disk or visa versa.. the TC is an Extreme with a hard disk.. this wasn't the case before but it is now.

Can I lock the hard drive part?

Yes, you can set a password for disk access and not reveal it even under torture by your housemates..

Questions about airport base

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.