Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have used clean my mac and after that some of my icons from launch pad have disappeared, mail is opening but not displaying the emails, app store is not opening...what should i do? I request for urgent help ...please...??

Dear All,

I have used clean my mac and after that some of my icons from launch pad have disappeared, mail is opening but not displaying the emails, app store is not opening...what should i do? I request for urgent help ...please...??

Regards,

Dee Em Kay

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 5:32 AM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Dee EM Kay

Restore your system from a backup created prior to using the CleanMyMac garbage.

CleanMyMac2 belongs to a broad category of time- and money-wasters capable of causing system corruption that can only be rectified by reinstalling OS X, restoring from a backup, or completely erasing your system and rebuilding it from the ground up. Get rid of it and test your Mac for operation. If it does not perform normally, the possibility that CleanMyMac resulted in system corruption must be considered.

According to its web siteCleanMyMac2 is supposed to uninstall itself:

"The easiest way to completely uninstall CleanMyMac 2 is by using CleanMyMac 2 on itself.

To remove CleanMyMac 2 from your Mac:

1. Open CleanMyMac 2.
  2. Proceed to the Uninstaller module.
  3. Find CleanMyMac 2 in the list of apps found by the module.
  4. Click Complete Removal in the Smart Selector panel to mark the application file and all it related items for removal.
  5. Click Uninstall.
  6. Confirm that you are going to remove the app in the newly appeared message.

That's it!"

Apparently it may not be that simple though, since users have reported those instructions do not work. Poorly written junk software generally implies equally poorly written uninstallers.

Whatever damage it inflicted by it or similar programs may require more work to correct. In such cases an "erase and install" followed by laboriously migrating individual apps and files may be the most expedient solution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.