Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More speed comparisons

Well here's my two cents on speed comparisons. I sometimes download FELV files from the net. I convert them to quicktime movies using mpeg streamclip and they are usually in PAL format. (even though I specify apple DV/DVCPRO NTSC- they still convert as PAL. Go figure) I need to convert them to NTSC and then encode to m2v and ac.3 to make a dvd. I created a quicktime setting for NTSC based in old settings in compressor 3.5. The conversion in compressor 4.1 is wicked fast compared to compressor 3.5 (3.5 is running on another hard drive os 10.7.x) However, when I go to encode the newly created ntsc file to m2v, in compressor 4.1 it takes about twice as long as the old compressor system. Also it only uses about 40% of my cpu resources vs. >90% on the old system.

But considering that I could barely get this program to work a week ago, I'm reasonablly satisfied with the results!

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 6:00 AM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2014 7:31 AM in response to Russ H

I haven't done that since I'm usually putting 5 or 6 videos on one DVD. After I do my encoding, I make the dvd in Toast (I have DVDSP but these are just quick and dirty and I don't need the bells and whistles from SP.) In any event, I suspect compressor would make a PAL dvd from PAL movies (that's what Toast does.) I'll have to experiment and see what happens.

More speed comparisons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.