Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2 month old Mac mini audio in port doesn't recognise the microphone on my webcam or a headphone microphone or a separate microphone all input via 3.5mm jack plugs - is there an off/on selector somewhere - or does it look like my audio in port is dead?

My 2 month old Mac mini doesnt recognise the mixcrophone built into my webcam - plugged in by 3.5mm jack - or the microphone on my headphones or a remote microphone - all 3.5mm jacks - is there an on/off selector I need to switch somewhere or does it look like my audio in socket is dead?

Cheers

Shep

Mac mini, Mac OS 9.0.x

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 6:58 AM

4 replies

Jan 11, 2014 8:05 AM in response to Shep33

Another thought..... because you are running Mac OS 9.0.x, you may need to add a driver to access the external microphone. Did any software come with your webcam, mic, or headphones?

For example, although a bit foggy about the OS 9 days, I seem to recall that I had to add the included driver in order for my old Logitech USB Desktop Mic to work before OS X 10.2.8 and later made the mic compatible.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.9

My 2 month old Mac mini audio in port doesn't recognise the microphone on my webcam or a headphone microphone or a separate microphone all input via 3.5mm jack plugs - is there an off/on selector somewhere - or does it look like my audio in port is dead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.