Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have tried all steps and screen still will not rotate

I have tried to re start my I pad also factory reset but it still will not rotate

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 7:12 AM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2014 7:59 AM in response to Wayneb2803

First - did you check the switch on the top right of your ipad (in portrait mode with home button at the bottom) make sure it is not in the "locked" position (you will see an orange color by the switch if it is locked. If it is locked, push the switch up to unlock it. You use this switch to keep your ipad in either portrait or landscape mode.... also check your settings to make sure you are not using this switch for something else. Go to settings - general and check under "use side switch to" and make sure you have "lock rotation" checked and not "mute". Then check to see if you can rotate your screen. Remember, not all third party software allow you to change your rotation... just make sure that your apple software can rotate. hope this helps

I have tried all steps and screen still will not rotate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.