Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Improve the Appearance of iPad Folders

I have created folders on my iPad each containing apps that are of a similar type (e.g., a folder named "Shopping" contains all of my shopping-related apps such as Amazon, Zappos, Groupon, Yelp). This is very handy, BUT these folders are very UGLY and the description is hard to read against the screen wallpaper.

Is there anyway to improve the appearance of these "Folder Icons"? Even if you could change the color of the font description (from the default white), this would be a big help. Another mobile operating system (Android 4.1.2) does this by displaying the icon of the first app in the folder as the icon for the folder along with the folder Description below the icons. This allows you to use a "representative icon" to remind you visually of the contents. There may be better solutions, but anything would be better than how the existing app folder appear.

If not available, I hope the iOS software engineers will either fix this or create a way for an app developer to create a way to improve the appearance (I couldn't find any app on the Apple Store which can help with app folder appearance).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:41 AM

To give a suggestion to Apple use http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

1 reply

How to Improve the Appearance of iPad Folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.