Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I find the WPA Key for Time capsule? I have a macbook pro OS 10.9.1.

How can I find the WPA Key for my Time Capsule? I have a MacBook Pro running OS 10.9.1. I need the key to connect a Sony DBPS 3100.

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 1:26 PM

Before you go looking for a 64 character code that the Sony probably will not have room to enter.......

Perform a few checks on your wireless network name.

It should be 8-20 characters

Use only letters and numbers

No special characters like an apostrophe, asterisk, etc.

No blank spaces in the name

Example......a name like

jackspinot's wireless network

Is NOT going to be compatible with a number of products from other manufacturers

Use a name like......

jackswireless

.....and you will have a much better chance of connecting to devices from other manufacturers. Same guidelines for the wireless nework password.

The actual "key" is a 64 character code. I doubt that the Sony has space to accommodate that.....but I suppose anything is possible. Post back if you want to see that long code of numbers and letters.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2014 1:26 PM in response to jackspinot

Before you go looking for a 64 character code that the Sony probably will not have room to enter.......

Perform a few checks on your wireless network name.

It should be 8-20 characters

Use only letters and numbers

No special characters like an apostrophe, asterisk, etc.

No blank spaces in the name

Example......a name like

jackspinot's wireless network

Is NOT going to be compatible with a number of products from other manufacturers

Use a name like......

jackswireless

.....and you will have a much better chance of connecting to devices from other manufacturers. Same guidelines for the wireless nework password.

The actual "key" is a 64 character code. I doubt that the Sony has space to accommodate that.....but I suppose anything is possible. Post back if you want to see that long code of numbers and letters.

How can I find the WPA Key for Time capsule? I have a macbook pro OS 10.9.1.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.