Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8.1 on Bootcamp for Snow Leopard?

I was operating Windows 7 Ulitmate via Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro Snow Leopard (I think? - I got the computer during the summer of 2010). I recently was forced to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and did so through the upgrade on the Windows website. The install went fine - yet I noticed that the Mac keyboard doesn't work when in Windows. For example, my volume keys are treated as the F10, F11, F12. Same for screen brightness, etc. I also don't think the double click for right click works.

I'm not as tech savy as some others on here but I do understand this to be a driver issue. Are there any updates that I can install to correct these issues? I know there is Bootcamp 5 but I don't think that applies to Snow Leopard? .... Help?

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:23 PM

5 replies

Jan 11, 2014 9:39 PM in response to Number88

I can't seem to find the Bootcamp control panel in Windows 8.1. I was looking on the Apple site at Bootcamp 5, but that seems to be only for Windows 8, 64bit versions. I'm running Windows 8.1, 32bit - does this mean all hope is lost and I have to somehow work around all these issues until Apple comes out with a different version of Bootcamp?

Jan 11, 2014 11:57 PM in response to Number88

I tried downloading the Microsoft support software via the boot camp assistant but I recieved a message saying there were no drivers to be found.

I thought of just trying to download the Bootcamp 5 drivers from Apple (meant for x64bit, Windows 8) to see if that would do anything, but since I'm using x32bit it probably will be useless.

I'm trying the bootcamp 4 to see if that will work.

If this all fails, what are my options? Do you know of where I might find drivers meant for 8.1 (I heard some talk about an official driver release)

Windows 8.1 on Bootcamp for Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.