Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I try to use wifi on my iPhone the internet won't work and I can get my photos to stream between iPad and iPhone

When I am using my data plan with bell I can check for updates, access and use my apps. But when I connect to my home wifi it doesn't work. This in turn may be why I am unable to get my photo stream to work but I'm not sure

This is only one problem I've had since the update

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 8:28 PM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2014 1:53 PM in response to Tracey83j

Hello Tracey83j,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information on this, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

Best of luck,

Mario

If I try to use wifi on my iPhone the internet won't work and I can get my photos to stream between iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.