Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find purchases now I have moved overseas

I am unable to download a TV series I purchased in the UK on the UK iTunes Store now that I have moved to Australia and changed my location settings. The Australian iTunes Store is asking me to re-purchase it, even though I have previously paid for it in sterling.

Any help how to get this series?

Posted on Jan 11, 2014 9:43 PM

3 replies

Jan 11, 2014 9:54 PM in response to manderson2203

I believe what you are experiencing is nothing unusual when you change stores. Each country's store is its own entity (because of licensing and taxes, etc.). The best thing to do is make sure you have a solid backup before changing countries.

You can try as dudualmeida suggests but: 1) You are technically in violation of most countrys' iTunes Store restrictions on trying to access the store from outside the country (Apple could potentially even monitor this and block you); 2) You have to wait 90 days between store changes, so factor this in.

Message was edited by: Limnos

Jan 13, 2014 5:38 PM in response to manderson2203

Thanks guys - seems a bit late to download it and too much effort for 1 TV series to change locations, so I guess I will have to re-purchase it.

I certainly never thought I would have to back everything up given that I have a reciept for the purchase in my iTune history. Very poor form by Apple. I will be sure to re-purchase it from an alternate online provider.

I can't find purchases now I have moved overseas

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.