Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing photos to ipad

I want to sync folders of photos that are located in different folders to my ipad. I only want to select certain sub folders but I can't work it out! For example I might have a 'nikon' folder and a 'canon' folder in my pictures folder but i want to select sub folders in the nikon and canon folders. Is this possible without rearranging all my photo folders?

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 3:38 AM

With the iPad's Photos app no, you need to select all of the photos that you want on the iPad in one go (not including them in the next photo sync is how you delete them from the iPad), and you can only select to one level of folder - so if the 'nikon' and 'canon' folders are under the same parent folder, then you can only select that parent folder at the top of the Photos tab on your computer's iTunes and sync all of the folders under 'canon' and/or under 'nikon'.

There are third-party photo management apps which allow you greater control over the photos that you want to sync to them from your computer e.g. Photo Manager Pro (app's help/FAQ)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2014 3:38 AM in response to gemma_gemma

With the iPad's Photos app no, you need to select all of the photos that you want on the iPad in one go (not including them in the next photo sync is how you delete them from the iPad), and you can only select to one level of folder - so if the 'nikon' and 'canon' folders are under the same parent folder, then you can only select that parent folder at the top of the Photos tab on your computer's iTunes and sync all of the folders under 'canon' and/or under 'nikon'.

There are third-party photo management apps which allow you greater control over the photos that you want to sync to them from your computer e.g. Photo Manager Pro (app's help/FAQ)

Syncing photos to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.