Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.1 How to recover hidden files after crash?

After a crash of the HDD, the MBP needs to be reformatted. I've managed to transfer all the files to another mac (using 'T' while booting the MacBook Pro). Because I want to keep al my e-mails, I need to reach the hidden library. But in the transferred files, I can't find this hidden library. How can I get it to show up, so I can copy the Thunderbird file which contains all of the e-mails?

Please, I'm desperate! 😢

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 2:41 AM

5 replies

Jan 12, 2014 7:21 AM in response to BobRz

Hi,

At least i'd like to try to reinstall OSX to the same HDD. It seems to be a software problem that occured after a check-up with DiscHelp (idk the specific term in english because I use the dutch version). While 'repairing' an error, a notification came up that said that it couldn't be repaired and that I had to back-up all of my files and reformat the HDD. Since then, if i try to boot up the system, the screen goes black in about 30 seconds.

The only backup I have is the direct copy I made booting up the MBP while pressing 'T' (while connected to another mac using a thunderbolt cable). So now I have a copy of the whole HDD. I tried to find the hidden ~library but i couldn't find it. In this library there are certain files i need to transfer the profile of my email. So yeah it's still readable, but as an external HDD, unfortunately not as a computer.

I really hope you can help me!

Rick

MacBook Pro OSX 10.9.1 How to recover hidden files after crash?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.