Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled wax on old Mac Book Pro power button, now it's not turning on. Can I fix it somehow?

Okay, so I messed up big time - I was going to give my old MacBook Pro to my boyfriend and was just fixing it up when.... I was running out of my room for something and left wax (as in waxing wax) next to the computer and some of it had to get on the power button.

I was hoping someone knew of a way to clean up a Mac power key. I scrubbed most of the wax off of the top of the button, but the computer still isn't working. I don't exactally live in the country either so... there's not an apple shop within 14 hours of me.

The power is still on on the Mac, but the screen is black.

A HUGE thank you to anyone who wishes to respond!

(Please someone tell me that there's a way to fix this computer even though it was already a $40 piece of poop.)

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Original 15" from 2006

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 1:20 AM

There are no replies.

Spilled wax on old Mac Book Pro power button, now it's not turning on. Can I fix it somehow?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.