I am a casual user of IT and not a professional
If the following steps work, please post a message.
This is what worked for me : Windows 7 desktop PC, Outlook 2013, iTunes 188.8.131.52, iPhone 5
1. Make sure that iTunes is installed on your PC
2. Open Outlook 2013. Go to File/Options/Add-Ins
3. Highlight "Com Ad-ins" in the bottom of the screen next to "Manage" and click Go
4. In the next screen place a tick next to "iTunes Outlook Addin" and also "iCloud Outlook Add-in"
5. Exit Outlook 2013
6. Connect the iPhone to the PC using USB cable
7. Wait for iTunes to start
8. The error message "iTunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services .Please reconnect or try again later" and the "Auto play " options screen pop up.Close both.
9. Exit from iTunes screen by clicking on "X" in the right hand top corner of the iTunes screen
10. Double click on the iTunes shortcut icon on the PC desktop
The backup and syncing should hopefully commence