Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to delete music from my ipad, but can't. I don't have an icloud account, yet i have songs with a cloud and red arrow next to them. I figured out how to delete them only for them t

I need help deleting music from my ipad2. I've read other info that has sort of helped but not compleetely. I do not have an icloud or imatch account, but i have past music showing up with a cloud and red arrow down next to them. Ok so first i figured out I had to download them because no delete was showing up when you swipe. After downloading all of them when you swipe the delete button appears, so you would think that would take care of it. Only it doesn't, it comes right back with the cloud and red down arrow. Can anyone help me with this.

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 5:37 AM

6 replies

Jan 12, 2014 6:46 AM in response to jacmirato

The cloud symbol and arrow indicates that those tracks are in the cloud and that you can download them from there onto your iPad (they aren't stored on your iPad until you download them) - if you don't want music that is only in the cloud to show in the Music app then turn Settings > iTunes & App Store > Music (under the 'Show All' heading) 'off'. Music can also be redownloaded via the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app.

Music shows in the cloud for redownloading in a number of countries, it doesn't matter whether you have an icloud or not (similarly apps can be redownloaded via the Purchased tab in the App Store app). But content will only show for redownloading whilst it remains in your country's store, the content provider can remove an item any any time.

Feb 5, 2015 9:06 AM in response to gaginker

You should be able to delete all synced/downloaded music from your iPad via Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage (under the 'storage' heading, assuming that it's on iOS 8) > Music and then swipe/drag from right-to-left across the 'All Songs' line, that should reveal a Delete button to its right.

Or connect the iPad to your Mac and select its icon towards the top left of the iTunes screen, and then select Music on the left-hand column and change your music sync settings e.g. de-select all albums, playlists etc. If manually managing your music then select Music under the 'On My Device' heading on that left-hand column and use the right-hand side of the screen to select and delete the music

Want to delete music from my ipad, but can't. I don't have an icloud account, yet i have songs with a cloud and red arrow next to them. I figured out how to delete them only for them t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.