Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is the WPS button on Airport Express?

Trying to set-up Airprint on a Canon Pixma MG5420 but the printer is asking me to press the WPS button on the router but there is none on Airport Express??

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 8:59 AM

Use AirPort Utility, the same application that you used to set up the AirPort Express.

Use the First Attempt option as a substitute for a "button".

User uploaded file

5 replies

Feb 3, 2014 9:06 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Hello Bob,

i have been reading the posts for setting up a WPS enabled printer on the airport utility. i follow the instructions and understand what is being done, except i am trying to use my work laptop at home using windows 7, and the airport utility for windows is not showing me anything close to and "add WPS Printer" or even add anything... any ideas? i dont have a printer cable at home...

thank you

clay

Feb 3, 2014 9:28 AM in response to Silopannaexpress

Sorry, I don't have a PC here to test with.

What version of AirPort Utility are you using? You should have 5.6.1 for Windows. The Mac version of 5.6.1 does have a setting to add WPS devices, except it is called Add Wireless Clients.

If the Windows version does not, then your printer should have an option to add the device manually, not using WPS.

User uploaded file

where is the WPS button on Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.