Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup iPhoto library without time machine

I want to back up my iPhoto library to an EHD from my MBP internal hard drive without using time machine.

I keep this EHD offsite and believe i can just drag and drop the iPhoto library from MBP to EHD to create a working copy.

Is this correct?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 11:09 AM

Yes you can just drag the library to the EHD to copy it there as a backup. How often do you update it?

If you do that frequently you might want to use a backup application that performs incremental backups, i.e. copying only the new or modified files. I use Synk Pro. ChronoSync is another app that can do incrementals.

OT

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2014 11:09 AM in response to mp nyc

Yes you can just drag the library to the EHD to copy it there as a backup. How often do you update it?

If you do that frequently you might want to use a backup application that performs incremental backups, i.e. copying only the new or modified files. I use Synk Pro. ChronoSync is another app that can do incrementals.

OT

Backup iPhoto library without time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.