Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just installed Face Time but it will not let me sign in with my apple id, I have just installed Face Time but it will not let me sign in with my apple id

I have just installed Facetime on my IMAC but it will not let me sign in. It times out telling me that I need to check my network connections and try again. I can sign in okay to the itunes store etc. Does anyone know what I need to do?

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 10:01 AM

1 reply

Jan 14, 2014 7:24 AM in response to Marmalady10

Hello Marmalady,

Thank you for your question. It sounds like you are not able to sign into FaceTime on your comptuer. I found this article to help you troubleshoot what you are seeing named

FaceTime for Mac: Troubleshooting FaceTime

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts4185

Start with these 2 sections and proceed to the troubleshooting section in the article if needed:

Verify your Mac meets the FaceTime system requirements

To participate in video calls, your Mac needs:

• OS X Mountain Lion, OS X Lion or Mac OS X v10.6.6 (or later) with all available security updates installed.

For Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later, the FaceTime App needs to be purchased from the Mac App Store. OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Lion include FaceTime.

• A 128-Kbps or better upstream and downstream Internet connection. Performance may vary according to network throughput and usage.
  • A built-in FaceTime camera, an iSight camera (built-in or external), a USB video class (UVC) camera, or a FireWire DV camcorder.
    • Making HD video calls requires a built-in FaceTime HD camera and a 1-Mbps upstream and downstream Internet connection.
    • Receiving HD video calls requires a supported Intel-based Mac. For a complete list, see this article.
  • A microphone.
    • You can use a built-in microphone, or connect an external microphone to your computer’s audio input port.
    • You can use compatible Bluetooth or USB microphone or headsets.

If you have multiple cameras or microphones attached to your computer, use the Video menu to select the camera or microphone you wish to use with FaceTime for Mac.

Activating FaceTime for Mac

Use your Apple ID to register and use FaceTime. FaceTime registration validates your Apple ID and email address for use with FaceTime.If you are unable to activate FaceTime, try the following:Sign in to FaceTime for Mac using a valid Apple ID. After you validate the email address for use with FaceTime, other FaceTime users can connect to you using that email address. If you encounter issues registering or using an Apple ID account:

• Ensure that you have an active Internet connection.
  • Verify that you are using a valid Apple ID at appleid.apple.com. You can also create an Apple ID or reset your password from this website.
  • Check that your email address is verified in FaceTime > Preferences.

If FaceTime > Preferences shows your email status as "verifying," follow the instructions in the verification email that was sent to complete the process.

• Toggle FaceTime off and on in FaceTime > Preferences.
  • If still unable to Sign In follow the instructions in FaceTime, Game Center, Messages on OS X: Troubleshooting Sign in

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

I have just installed Face Time but it will not let me sign in with my apple id, I have just installed Face Time but it will not let me sign in with my apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.