Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes shows my albums are grouped but on my iPhone the albums are separate and have different names.

I don't buy all my music off of iTunes, sometimes I buy the mp3 file off other websites. My problem is when I bought a couple of songs off of Louder and 2 off iTunes I wanted to merge the songs into one album. Is this even a iTunes problem or a iPhone problem?

Of course I did the typical thing where I:

1. Made sure all the info was the same.
  2. Moved the music out of the "purchased from iTunes" folder where music that you bought from iTunes heads into.
  3. It’s all in a compilation.

Really, anything that could be made identical is.

I think I have a pretty weird way of sorting my music with iTunes since I don't purchase all my music from there. I place it all in a separate folder. So maybe this is a reason?

So my question is why is it when it all looks perfect in iTunes I get multiple albums in my iPhone?

Here are some pictures.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

This is focusing on the "Peter Hollens" music.

As you can see there are 8 songs in the "Peter Hollens" album in iTunes, but in the iPhone the albums "Sing me a Song, by various artists", "Peter Hollens" and "Disney Classics" are all split.

These are the 8 songs that are in the album in iTunes.

This isn't the only album that has this problem, so if someone could answer this it would be awesome.

Thanks a lot in advance!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 11:25 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes shows my albums are grouped but on my iPhone the albums are separate and have different names.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.