Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Car Audio Source Switches to Bluetooth Frequently (New Email, Typing, any Sound)

Hey Guys -

My wife just bought a new (to her) 2012 Volkswagen CC. One of the features she liked the best was the OEM bluetooth streaming audio source. She paired her phone and it works great for audio as well as phone. The problem is that it works too well.

The Issue / Question

When listening to another audio source (anything other than bluetooth - Radio, Sirius, CD, etc) and any sound is made on her phone (new email notification, typing clicks, etc); the car's audio source switches to Bluetooth. Besides turning bluetooth off / disconnecting phone, is there any way to make it to where only calls come through - or - only when she manually selects to play audio via bluetooth?

Her phone is an iPhone 4S running iOS 7.0.4. I also posted this on a popular Volkswagen fourm as well since I haven't yet determined which device needs to be configured.

Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 11:50 AM

1 reply

Car Audio Source Switches to Bluetooth Frequently (New Email, Typing, any Sound)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.