Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPad and back up

My iPad was stolen 4 days ago. I bought a replacement yesterday and was able to restore all my data perfectly (thanks iCloud!!!!). Now I can't back up my new iPad to the cloud due to,lack of storage space . I see the stolen iPad is still there (9 GB).

Since the data is already in the new one, can I delete the stolen iPad data from the cloud thus freeing up 9 GB of storage space?

Aim right in assuming then that the new iPad will then back up since it's the same stuff just from the new IPad?

I had enough storage space for my phone and iPad before the theft.

Thank you

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 12:04 PM

Yes; you can delete the old backup from Settings > iCloud > Storage and backup > Manage storage; once you delete the backup your new iPad will begin backing up on the iCloud instead and since it restored fully and perfectly it'd be just like the old one 😀 But with a shiny STICKIER!

BUt on a serious note you should be as solid as ice 🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2014 12:04 PM in response to Gracy101

Yes; you can delete the old backup from Settings > iCloud > Storage and backup > Manage storage; once you delete the backup your new iPad will begin backing up on the iCloud instead and since it restored fully and perfectly it'd be just like the old one 😀 But with a shiny STICKIER!

BUt on a serious note you should be as solid as ice 🙂

Stolen iPad and back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.