Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on "sign into iCloud" pop up

Hey everybody,

I have searched online for the past 2 hours trying to sort this, and before I launch my iPad across the room, I thought I would take a shot at enquiring in here to see if anyone can help me.

I turned my iPad on today for the first time since moving house. Upon turning on I was greeted with something along the lines of "iPad has not been backed up in 3 weeks, sign in to back up now". So, I enter my password and it says it's incorrect. There is an option to reset it, which I click, but I cannot get on the internet as I'm yet to connect to the wifi. I cancel the dialog box and am now being continually harassed by "sign into iCloud". By the time I cancel one, another appears!

As I've just moved home I can't even connect to the wifi through these bloody pop ups. Nor do I longer have a laptop to plug it into and use to access iTunes; it has all be set up over wifi.

I have tried the reset (holding down home and power button) to no avail, and obviously Apple advisors are not available at this hour.

I am seriously losing patience and I'm really hoping someone here can help me :(.

Many thanks in advance ! X

iPad

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 6:27 PM

If you are able to lose you data, you can restore to factory settings by using the hardware buttons. Hold down the top button and then after a few moments, at the same time hold down the home button. After a moment, let go of the top button. And then your device will be in recovery mode and you will have the option to restore it to factory settings.

Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 6:27 PM in response to Coley1991

If you are able to lose you data, you can restore to factory settings by using the hardware buttons. Hold down the top button and then after a few moments, at the same time hold down the home button. After a moment, let go of the top button. And then your device will be in recovery mode and you will have the option to restore it to factory settings.

Good luck.

Jul 14, 2014 8:29 PM in response to Skydiver119

Dear Sky,
I did consider that before posting. My mom was having this exact same issue today. This post came up on my google search when I was searching for solutions. Coley1991 describes the issue very well. I noticed that no solution was ever posted and that 84 other people in the last 6months have had this issue. Therefore I decided to post a solution for the record... for the archives...for the future poor souls who fall into this aggravating iCloud/wifi/apple ID log in trap and are a hair away from smashing their device on a rock out of frustration. I hope it helps.

iPad stuck on "sign into iCloud" pop up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.