Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Black Screen

Hello everyone ,

I have an Apple TV 3rd Gen and i believe that it is not working properly and here is why ...

I connected it to my Sony Bravia and it was working great for a week until i disconnected the HDMI Cable for a few hours and when i connected it back the HDMI Channel was showing "No Signal" and the TV couldn't read it ... So i turned everything off and remove all the cables and i connected them to my other Sony Bravia in the bedroom and it was showing some weird green screen with many black pixels so i believed that the Apple TV was damaged bad ( from removing a HDMI Cable ?? )

So before i was going to send it back , i visited a friend of mine with a Samsung HDTV 2012 model and i plugged the Apple TV and voila everything was working properly !!! So i was thinking maybe my Sony TVs was old both from 2007 but then i thought again that it worked well in the first week ... So i just waited a few days to go on vacations and bring my Apple TV to the 4th HDTV (which is Philips 2011 model ) to test it and clear the issue !

I just connected it there and it says " unsupported video format " in the HDMI Channel ... Unbelievable ! What can i do now ?

* I restored via iTunes and it didnt solve my issue .

** I was changing the HDMI Cable every time .

*** I updated my Philips TV to the latest software .

Sorry for my English .

Please help me !!!

Thanks a lot !

Apple TV, Other OS

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 3:48 PM

There are no replies.

Apple TV Black Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.