Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly HDCP???

I own a 20" Cinema Display. I have bought and watched many movies on itunes on this monitor. Suddenly, I'm not allowed to play HD movies anymore because of this HDCP issue? What the heck is going on?

Apple Cinema Display (20-inch DVI 2005), Windows 8

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 4:16 PM

2 replies

Jul 9, 2014 10:08 PM in response to legacy81

Same garbage happened to me all of a sudden with my 4k Dell UH2414Q.

One week stuff played fine and now for the last week the stupid program just complains about HDCP being missing despite the fact that my system says HDCP is 100% working and every other type of file that has HDCP protection still works fine. Just iTunes refuses to play protected HD iTunes files anymore. What a joke.

HDCP itself is a joke since it does zero to fight piracy. All it does is push to people to have to pirate. What casual user has the fancy equipment required to realtime frame grab an entire HD movie over HDMI/DVI/DP cable?? The big bootleggers have chips to get around it and don't even bother since they hav much simpler ways. So what the heck is HDCP accomplishing other than hurting both the industry and their consumers? It's a total joke.

Aug 9, 2014 2:00 PM in response to 1984apple1984

Ditto.

Until this morning, I could watch my movies I paid for on my computer. This afternoon, I get the stupid HDCP error message and it is nothing to do with my equipment. The movies play for about 10 seconds, and then they freeze and apple tells me I am not HDCP compatible. Funny how I was compatible last week on iTunes 11.3.0. Good grief. Will not buy anything from iTunes store anymore. Have reset SMC, logged a feedback problem a few times, and I expect I will never find a solution to this new problem with iTunes.

Suddenly HDCP???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.