Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is a head stumper!

I purchased a book last month, and now I am unable to open or read the book. It says "this book cannot be opened with the current apple id". So, maybe I used the wrong apple id...well, I only have one, so, that isn't it. If I delete the book from my ibooks library on my mac, it shows up as purchase available in icloud. So, I redownloaded it and, yes, the same thing...cannot open/read, same error/problem. I even checked the well-hidden ibooks.plist file in my home library folder and it shows this book was purchased with my apple id (hense showing up as one of my already purchased books). So, called apple support of course and they reimbursed me the for the purchase and suggested repurchasing it. That sounds like a good idea but how do you repurchase something that shows already purchased in the ibookstore? There is just a download button...no purchase button? Told you it was a head stumper. Any ideas?

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 5:43 PM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2014 5:37 PM in response to Travel-er

*Bump* — anyone? anyone?

In my case, I bought the book using the AOL account that is permitted by iTunes, but after upgrading to Mavericks on my 2nd computer, I can't read it, because when I enter my AOL screen name on the "Enter an Apple ID and password." dialog, it says, "That person is not active. There's evidently a disconnect between the AOL account and Apple IDs, and no way that I can discover to bridge them.

At this point, I have at least two Apple IDs through which I have purchased Apps and books, as well as the long, long-standing AOL account that I've used with iTunes since it was launched.

Any help?

This is a head stumper!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.