Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MainStage + M-Audio Oxygen 61

Hi there!

I have a pretty stable live setup with Logic Pro contolled by Oxygen 61 via DirectLink. I use eight pre-mapped Oxygen buttons to select Logic channel strips (patches) and sliders to change volume on them. To select and control the next 8 patches I change the bank in Oxygen.

For some reasons I decided to migrate to MainStage. I made a concert with two sets of eight patches. I would like to select the patches withing each set using eight buttons of my Oxygen. But these buttons only transmit Program Change to all the patches in concert in the row. For example if I select with the mouse click the second set before perfomance and then want to select the first patch in the second set and press the first button, it jupms over to the first set and selects the first patch in the first set. I messed around with the buttons trying to assign them properly, but I failed.

Help me please, because I have only a month left to my gig! )

Thanks, Max

MainStage, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 8:57 PM

2 replies

Jan 13, 2014 5:18 AM in response to Zamza

OK, I haven't tried this, but here's an idea that should in theory work:

1. Program your Oxygen so that the eight buttons you want to use don't send patch change messages directly, but regular MIDI CCs.
  2. Assign these buttons to eight corresponding screen controls in MainStage (Layout mode)
  3. Specify a unique program change number for each patch in your concert (in the Patch Inspector).
  4. This is the important bit: Create the mappings for your buttons at the set level: Select one of your sets and map each button to the exact patch number within that set, that you want to select with the respective button. (map to "Actions" -> "Jump to Patch"). Since these set-level mappings will only take effect as long as you are playing a patch within that set, you can set up independent mappings to completely separate patch numbers within each set.

MainStage + M-Audio Oxygen 61

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.