Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod Touch shows and plays through ITunes, but does not show in devices on Win7 or Win8. I am unable to move files between the computers and the Touch by any method so far. Help!

My IPod Touch does not show in DEVICES on my computer, but it does show in ITunes and can be played through ITunes. However, I am unable to move files from the Touch to ITunes or the computer. I have two PC's. One runs Win7 and the other runs Win8 - but the results are the same on both. The Touch works fine on XP and Vista, so the problem is with Win7 & Win8. I found YouTube help, but it all requires access to Touch through Computer/Devices and it can't be located there. Please help!!

iPod touch, Windows 8, Unable 2 move betwn ITouch & comput

Posted on Jan 12, 2014 10:40 PM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2014 2:48 PM in response to La Jolla

As already stated, iDevices are NOT backup devices.

La Jolla wrote:

I am not using the ITouch as a back-up device.

Yes you are.

In your own words:

La Jolla wrote:

I still cannot replace files lost from my PC but retained on the ITouch.

Syncing is one way, computer to iDevice. The only exception is content acquired via iTunes.

With the device connected to the computer select File > Transfer Purchases

IPod Touch shows and plays through ITunes, but does not show in devices on Win7 or Win8. I am unable to move files between the computers and the Touch by any method so far. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.