Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VMWare Fusion 6.X Keyboard not responding

Hello,

Ive installed VMware fusion onto my Macbook Pro and attached the .vmx file for my virtual machine I created.

When the Windows Machine is booting up I am able to use the keyboard to select "Start Windows Normally".

After windows has booted up the keyboard stops responding and I am also not able to send commands down to the VM. Commands like Send CTRL-ALT-DEL dont work.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I have tried recreating a new VM image as well as play with all the settings I found in VMware fusion 6.

Please help

Thank you

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 1:05 AM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2014 12:12 PM in response to jcom009

Ok... so the same thing happend to me.

I upgraded to VMware fusion 6 and then booted. The Ctrl+alt+del was not working, and probably the whole machine was "locked" (or screen unresponsive).

I rebooted and the whole screen was now black. No fix, no clue, no nothing.

So i searched... found nothing... then i entered the settings for the "Display". Here we find an option for retina. UNCHECK it. And then the screen turned from black to normal. Everything booted and working. Dident even need to restart.

So:

Settings -> Display -> Uncheck retina support.

Try that.

VMWare Fusion 6.X Keyboard not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.