Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini w/retina: Please recommend a SILICONE case/skin?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently in the market for a simple, black silicone case to put my iPad mini w/retina in when I'm home...I'm sick of having to open up book style cases and closing them all the time, etc... I was hoping that some of you here could recommend silicone cases for the device (nothing fancy just a regular silicone case/skin for the device that comes in black.

I was wanting to buy the case from "The Snugg": http://www.thesnugg.com/ipad-cases/ipad-mini-retina-cases/snugg-ipad-mini-retina -squared-skinny-fit-protective-cover-in-black.aspx but their case does not have the second cutout for the mic on the back of the device yet and I want my case to have this cutout. Anything else that I'm finding is either not made well or has crazy designs on them which I'm not interested in.

Thanks!

Windows 8, iPad Mini With Retina Display

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 12:59 AM

2 replies

Jan 29, 2014 12:33 PM in response to Dayvidpriddy

INCIPIO NGP IMPACT RESISTANCE CASE for IPAD MINI WITH RETINA DISPLAY

http://www.incipio.com/cases/ipad-cases/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-cases-and- covers/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-ngp-case.html

It is a shock absorbent case that uses an Incipio patented material, so it is flexible and not bulky. If you are looking for silicone type cases, this is one of the best on the market so far that will give you full coverage on all four edges (meaning that it is NOT apple smart cover friendly). It is not glossy, but rather matted in appearance. I would say it is not as grippy as I would prefer, but it does a good job for basic protection and easy usage.

It comes in four colors, and black is one of them. I ordered one a few months ago and it works nicely with the ipad mini retina. I can confirm it has cutouts for both speakers. It is made for the retina and NOT the first gen, so the fit of the case is snug and correct in dimensions and cutouts.

If you order, be sure to do a google search for Incipio promo codes bc sometimes you can get free shipping or a small discount.

iPad mini w/retina: Please recommend a SILICONE case/skin?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.