Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Remote desktop connection with different internet network

I did purchase "Apple Remote Desktop"in mac app store, it works well in the same wifi's network but when i try to use different network, but i won't connect.

It said " Please make sure Screen Sharing in the System preference", but it won't works as well.

Please help

Mac OS: 10.9.1

Apple Remote Desktop: 3.7.1

Apple Remote Desktop-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 2:31 AM

3 replies

Apr 13, 2016 9:01 AM in response to sebastiango

sebastiango wrote:

Hello , My name is sebastian i bought remote desktop for my office i have a a office in 2 different countries so when i leave i cant control anymore this computer cause i am in different network what could i do ? to manage computers on both networks?

Hello Sebastian, and welcome to the forums.

For simple screen sharing, Apple Remote Desktop is overkill, as the integrated screen sharing client and server can work well for many applications.

As for your remote-access question, that has comparatively little to with screen sharing itself, and far more to do with establishing and maintaining network security and remote network access. In the context of remote network access, screen sharing is just one of many different network protocols that folks want or need, when remotely accessing a computer — and they're all basically the same remote-access discussion around obtaining the remote IP address and securing the connection, and around avoiding having open ports that'll quickly and inevitably get detected and probed. There are various introductory discussions of that remote access, including various ones here in the ARD forum, such as how do I setup ARD to work across the internet?

Please start your own thread for these — this is a very different question than the "Please make sure Screen Sharing in the System preference" question here. Mixing together threads just gets everybody confused — and I certainly tend to get confused here trying to answer these in particular, as it quickly becomes unclear which symptoms and which tests and which errors are common, and which are different.

Apple Remote desktop connection with different internet network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.