Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do i have the rights to use the font chalkboard for commercial use?

hello,

Do i have the rights to use the font named Chalkboard (originaly from apple) for commercial use?

thx

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 3:59 AM

Can't comment on this font specifically, but here is some advice on font use:

http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/guide/fonts-basic-guide-to-font-licensing

This is UK, but I suspect something similar exists most places. Note the quote from Apple in this article:

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you may use the fonts included with the Apple Software to display and print content while running the Apple Software; however, you may only embed fonts in content if that is permitted by the embedding restrictions accompanying the font in question. These embedding restrictions can be found in the Font Book/Preview/Show Font Info panel"

Apple Hardware and Software Product Agreements

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2014 3:59 AM in response to Mr.serenity

Can't comment on this font specifically, but here is some advice on font use:

http://www.jiscdigitalmedia.ac.uk/guide/fonts-basic-guide-to-font-licensing

This is UK, but I suspect something similar exists most places. Note the quote from Apple in this article:

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you may use the fonts included with the Apple Software to display and print content while running the Apple Software; however, you may only embed fonts in content if that is permitted by the embedding restrictions accompanying the font in question. These embedding restrictions can be found in the Font Book/Preview/Show Font Info panel"

Apple Hardware and Software Product Agreements

Do i have the rights to use the font chalkboard for commercial use?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.