Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro (x64) be installed by boot camp?

I'm using Macbook pro with retina display and I've installed Mavericks on my mac. Can Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro (x64) be installed by boot camp?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 4:02 AM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2014 10:07 AM in response to Annachocom

I have actually been attempting this for a few days now and i got it on but updated and tried installing drivers and couldn't get it back. It would just boot to a black screen. I'm on my second attempt and I am pretty sure the correct graphics card drivers are not installing causing the black screen. If I get working for sure I can update with steps. I know sometimes with embedded you have a limited amount of times you can install it

Aug 10, 2015 5:53 PM in response to matthemstock

Yes I'm sorry! Kind of forgot about this thing.

I have a slightly unique set up, which is what was causing all my issues of it not working. Also was not a fan of windows 8 so didn't really want to spend to much time with it, but windows 10 is actually really nice so I gave it ago again.

Now you shouldn't have any problem if you follow the standard procedure.

Once you do the bootcamp and install the drivers and updates there is ...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_upgrade/dreamspa rk-windows-embedded-81-industry-pro/804e…

this magic that allows you to upgrade to windows 10 with the industry pro.

I have the 2011 non retina mac and was trying to use the USB ports instead of my super drive. Your USB ports should work for you though.

Can Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro (x64) be installed by boot camp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.