Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create image of audio CD?

Hi there,

I'm still new to Mac and have learned a great deal of new stuff over the last few weeks - including some great information found here in this forum.

Most issues have been pretty minor and were resolved more easily than I thought. So far a good experience for my needs.

I'm stuck with two issues. This is one of them:

I occasionally need to create audio CDs, then generate some sort of an image file of that CD, and then ftp it to other people's server. Those people are Windows based and need to take those image files and burn regular audio CDs again. Sounds simple enough and we've been doing this with Nero easily before. Only Nero is not available for Mac.

And just to get it out of the way: yes, I do own the copyrights for the content. And no, CDs are not dead (yet) and simple moving stuff to MP3 or other formats is not an option in this case.

So what is the easiest way so that I can have an image file that works on both Mac and Win? I'm willing to buy a piece of software on the Mac side but not for the Win counterparts. So ideally I need to create something that Nero or any of the free tools for Win can burn to audio CD again.

Just learned that .iso is not an option for audio CDs. Never knew that. So the way the app "Burn" does it seems not to work in my scenario.

Thanks

Mac mini, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 8:58 AM

There are no replies.

Create image of audio CD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.