Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S won't let me slide to unlock or answer but touchscreen isn't broken.

Hello, I tried using my IPhone today and it just stopped letting me slide to unlock, it was working fine earlier but now it won't respond. I know my touchscreen isn't broken as I have to use the assistive touch (My lock button is broken) and that moves fine anywhere on the screen, I can also pull the notification bar down and the other bar up but it won't let me ineract with anything on them. I have tried getting a friend to call me to see if it will let me answer my phone but I can't do that either. I can't turn my phone off even using the assisitive touch as I will still have to slide the bar and I am unable to do that, I can't reset the phone and my laptop is broken so I can't connect my phone to Itunes to see if that makes a difference. It also isn't connecting to my home wifi therefore I am also unable to use Siri!

So does anyone know if it will work if I just wait fot the battery to run out then plug it back in to switch it on? Or does anyone have any other ideas of what I can do without having to take it into store, as a student I can't afford to pay for anything and it isn't under any insurance or guarantee.

Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 8:41 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2014 9:50 PM in response to DemiSimonee

i think its the assistive touch bc i got that when my home button broke and my lock button is also broken and now it wont let me slid the unlock button, and i shut it down then turned it back on so it automatically showed the keypad and it would only let me press 3 and thats it. i also read a few other topics about it not unlocking and they all used the assistive touch.

My iPhone 4S won't let me slide to unlock or answer but touchscreen isn't broken.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.