Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed out wifi on 4s

hi! I have a greyed out wifi on my iphone 4s, no warranty, how can i get this problem solved?

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:08 AM

Try the suggestions here to see if they resolve your problem:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559

If these don't work you may have a hardware problem. Visit an Apple store for an evaluation or contact Apple Support.

7 replies

Oct 14, 2014 11:24 AM in response to ellie837

Dont bother with Apple and their so called 'support', basically, the best and only way to fix all the silly problems associated with the premature updates they keep on releasing is to wipe your phone and restore it from a backup! It's a real pain, especially for me (64Gb) , but it's the only thing that works again and again! I've tried everything they suggest in their support pages but nothing EVER works! They don't want to openly admit that they release updates months before they really should, untested and full of bugs and wait on all the complaints to decide which problems to fix first in their future updates! It's not a hardware problem unless you are really unlucky, but judging from thousands of posts all over the Internet, it's an update problem that just hasn't been fixed yet.

GOod luck!

Nov 13, 2014 1:58 AM in response to ellie837

I had this problem and got I new phone since I could not get it to work. When I should move the sim card to the new phone I removed it on the old phone when it still was on and I had inserted my pin code for the sim card (i.e. I could make calls etc). After removing the simcard the wifi started to work yet again. I do not know if this is a permenant fix but you could try.

Oct 24, 2016 6:28 AM in response to francesfromduluth

I Realize this post is over a year old now but I had the same problem. The only thing that worked for me surprisingly was heating up the phone with a blow dryer and waiting until it goes into overheat mode then pop it in the freezer for 10 mins. It worked for a few days the first time and every time after the period I was able to turn on wifi diminished until it no longer worked. Tried to have phone replaced but didn't get a warranty. This was a huge problem on apples part and I was left paying for a new phone. Now I pay a monthly fee for complete coverage. It was a ridiculous problem.

Nov 17, 2016 11:13 AM in response to ellie837

Today I resolved the WIFI greyed out and bluetooth rotating switch issues of my iphone 4S. This occurs almost one year

back, while disabling the location services after updating the iOS.

1. First updated the iphone with iOS version 9.3.5. Then I saw the WIFI is greyed out and bluetooth is enabled.

2. Switched off the iphone and placed inside the freezer for 20 minutes.

3. After 20 minutes took the iphone 4S from freezer and allowed to warm for 15 minutes in room temperature.

4. After 15 minutes switched on the iphone and found the WIFI is enabled.

5. I have disabled it and enabled again. All the while the Location services was enabled.

Greyed out wifi on 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.