Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Compound Clip in Main Timeline Feature

I really need to be able to open or expand a compound clip inside of the main timeline so that I can still reference the surrounding audio and video clips in the main timeline when I need to make changes. Similar to the "Show Video Animation" feature or how you can open a "group" in the timing pane in Motion and see all the clips in reference to everything else in the timing pane.

Here is a quick youtube video I created to show what I mean if it's not clear. I produce commercials for NBCUNI, but of course I could not use client clips for the demonstration video so I just used a couple of elements I could post on youtube.

http://youtu.be/4YBHn4umILg

Does anyone know if there is some way to do this that perhaps I am missing? If not, and you feel this feature could be useful to you please send apple a feature request. You're more than welcome to send them a link to the video if you'd like.

This is a feature I REALLY need.

Thank you,

Shawn

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:43 AM

2 replies

Open Compound Clip in Main Timeline Feature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.