Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static/Noise on input using Logix Pro and RME interface

I am using Logix Pro 10 on a Mac 2.4 12-core and an RME audio interface. Everything works fine, unless I leave Logic on for more than 2 days. After that, any signal that I input into logic via the RME card is accompanied by digital distortion, crackling, noise, etc. If I then reboot logic, everything returns to normal. It only happens if I leave logic on for more than a 2 days.

Any Ideas??

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 9:35 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2014 12:49 PM in response to Hector Perez1

Hola Hector,

This is fairly normal if Logic is running (on) and the Mac goes to sleep. When a computer sleeps both USB and Firewire are shut down to save power (part of the "Green" protocol). When that happens the connection between Logic, the software driver and the hardware is broken. My guess is it's usually after the Mac goes to sleep, or the Mac runs it's diagnostic/disk cleaning routines.. this could happen overnight or any time the computer is not in use for some time. When the computer wakes up the connection is not fully initialized and you get static.

There's an easier way to get things going, this almost always works.

Go to Preferences/Audio and select the built-in audioas an input device, after it changes, change it back to the RME.

Static/Noise on input using Logix Pro and RME interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.