Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple password locked every week or two for "security reasons"??

I don't understand why this keeps happening. I see quite a few others asking the same question.

Even after going through the reverification by email, the problem usually comes back within a week or two.

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 10:44 AM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2014 5:26 PM in response to stedman1

Yes, that's true, but not on point.

I'm talking about the login page here.

The login that prompts for the Apple ID and password.

I know not to believe email claiming to be anyone (without checking headers) and not to ever click on any URL in email for that matter, but rather open a different browser if I'm going to look at that. Routine precautions.

What I'm asking about (and see others have asked similarly):

Sporadically, this website we're using here won't take my password, says it's locked for security reasons, and prompts me to reset the password.

Sometimes it only gets refused from one of the several computers I may be using that day, also. Not consistently the same one.

Someone mistakenly or maliciously typing my userid and a wrong password, to make Apple lock it, maybe?

Dunno. Just asking.

Jan 18, 2014 11:48 AM in response to ankhank

Got it again just now, coming here:

_________

Sign in.

This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.

Visit iForgot to reset your account (https://iforgot.apple.com). Forgot your Apple ID?

Instead, I poked at my settings to see what might be happening, although I haven't changed anything.

Problem solved -- by disabling a security/privacy addon long used in my browser (Firefox).

I had the right ID and password.

But Apple wouldn't accept just those - it had to leave some kind of tracking cookie on the particular computer I am using right now.

They hadn't locked the Apple ID at all.

I am shocked, shocked to find them lying about this.

Apple password locked every week or two for "security reasons"??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.