Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to delete App Store

Looking for answers from someone OTHER THAN PETE, (who seems to have no life other than to troll the forums) to either help from a technical part of apple to disable certain updates that I cannot seem to turn off or a developer (or coding) for deleting useless *Required* applications.

• Application Store: Briging useless applications into my world that I don't need, don't want, and won't get. Good thing it doesn't update.
  • Imovie: A such childish application, make my own movie. Not needed. Why must I update? Hide update is missing.
  • Iweb: Don't even know what it does. I've lived without it for this long, I think I can continue living without it. Hide update is missing.
  • Remote desktop: Work from home or, if work is boring you, play World of Warcraft from work. Can't understand why others don't see the malicious intent of software like that. Access your home computer from work? Do you really want that open to co-workers what you do in your spare time? Hide update is missing.
  • Thuderbolt Monitor: What exactly is a Thunderbolt Monitor? Useless to me. Hide update still missing.
  • Safari: Big news on safari! Y2K about to affect the world! Wait, what year is it? Slower than Netscape. Hide update never found.

If such useless applications are required for me to continually update on a daily basis, but so important that I cannot delete them, is there a way to strip all updates to these programs and replace them with the factory installed versions?

One last thing, I'm pretty sure I'm probably royally screwing up my mac by force-closing the application store as many times as I have, but I have gone so long without an application store that I shouldn't be forced into using products I don't actually need.

Also, personally, I think I'm freaking out all the people who need to say "Application Store" by using the word "Application" but that's just me.

cheers

OS Mavericks-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 10:04 AM

3 replies

Jan 13, 2014 10:17 AM in response to Aferb

This forum is for questions about the iTunes Store. Since your question seems to have nothing to do with the iTunes Store but rather is about OS X 10.9 and the Mac App Store, I'd suggest you ask for assitance in the OS X 10.9 Mavericks forum.

None of the applications you mention require updating on a daily basis, by the way. If you are updating but then being presented with the update yet again, that's something wrong with your system and not a normal occurence. Someone in the OS X 10.9 forum should be able to help you sort that out.

Regards.

Looking to delete App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.