Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't log onto my iCloud account

I changed my apple id/ email address a while ago and now i cant log into my icloud account because it keeps trying to log me in wth my old apple id.

it wont let me change the apple id or delete the account because it keeps asking for a password. help please

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 11:37 AM

Welcome to the Apple community Timmy.

If you mean that Find My Phone is asking for a password to a different Apple ID to your current Apple ID.

This feature has been introduced to make stolen phones useless to those that have stolen them.

However it can also arise when the user has changed their Apple ID details with Apple and not made the same changes to their iCloud account/Find My Phone on their device before upgrading to iOS 7, or if you restore from a previous back up made before you changed your details.

The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID using your current password, you don’t need access to this address if it’s previously been used with your Apple ID, once you have saved these details enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone" and delete the account from your device.

You should then change your Apple ID back to its current state, save it once again and then log back in using your current Apple ID. Finally, turn "find my phone" back on once again.

This article provides more information about Activation Lock.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2014 11:37 AM in response to Timmy2323

Welcome to the Apple community Timmy.

If you mean that Find My Phone is asking for a password to a different Apple ID to your current Apple ID.

This feature has been introduced to make stolen phones useless to those that have stolen them.

However it can also arise when the user has changed their Apple ID details with Apple and not made the same changes to their iCloud account/Find My Phone on their device before upgrading to iOS 7, or if you restore from a previous back up made before you changed your details.

The only solution is to change your Apple ID back to its previous state with Apple at My Apple ID using your current password, you don’t need access to this address if it’s previously been used with your Apple ID, once you have saved these details enter the password as requested on your device and then turn off "find my phone" and delete the account from your device.

You should then change your Apple ID back to its current state, save it once again and then log back in using your current Apple ID. Finally, turn "find my phone" back on once again.

This article provides more information about Activation Lock.

Jun 1, 2015 9:54 PM in response to kate.delaney

What worked for me was that I went into manage my Apple ID on-line (with my new Apple ID and pw) and I added my old e-mail/Apple ID (that iCloud kept bringing up) as a 2nd e-mail to my account. As a 2nd step I had to click on the link on the email they sent me there to verify it. I was able to get it verified bc I still had access to that old e-mail adress.

Then I went back to my iPad and when iCloud again showed me my old ID and prompted for the pw. I put the pw of my new ID and it accepted it this time.

Then I was finally able to sign out of the iCloud that i had previously set up with my old Apple ID. The fields were now blank and I could enter any new Apple ID there.

I can't log onto my iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.