Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone does not communicate with Samsung Note.

OK, I've read the message boards, I've emailed Samsung, I've contacted Rogers, I've spoken to Apple. No solution.

I'm starting a new thread as I don't see this problem anywhere and no one can give us a solution.

I have had an iPhone 4 for about 18 months: Great!

My friend has had a Samsung Note for maybe a shorter time: Great!

We are two middle ages women living in different towns and we enjoy texting: Great!

On the Friday before Christmas 2013 I got some texts from my friend so I texted her back....then I got more texts asking where I was, was I there, had I gone away, was I sick! It turned out she wasn't getting my texts.

A few days later when she was in my house we stood next to each other and texted....I got hers, she didn't get mine.

The only thing that had happened or changed was her upgrade 'Jellybean?'

She called Samsung - nothing wrong.

I called Apple - nothing wrong.

We both combed the communities but all they talk about is recent changes from iPhone to Samsung...our only change was the Android OS.

We both contacted our provider: Rogers (Canada) and they walked us through several steps involving clearing out each others contacts of each other and re inputting, my turning off iMessage (a pain when I wanted to iMessage...I had to wait for it to reactivate).

NOW...... I cannot phone her Samsung from my iPhone!!!!!!!! All I get is that she is unavailable and to try later....this happened later than the non texting...and she is sitting in front of her switched on phone looking at it while I phone her!

The next thing I was advised to do is to take my SIM card out of my phone and try it in another iPhone 4 to see if I can text/phone her.....As I have not done that before we are going to wait to take both phones to a dealer and have them do it as I don't want to mess anything up more than it already is.

This is hugely frustrating, she has never been an Apple person and I have always been so neither of us has made any switches or changes.

Thank you, Carolyn

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 11:25 AM

Cracked it!

I don't know if this will help anyone, my problem was that from merrily texting my friend to no texts from my iPhone to her Samsung Note, then no phone calls we are back in business.

Neither one of us had changed phones or got new ones or new numbers....just same old, same old....except for the Jellybean update on her Samsung Note.

Turns out that on the Samsung phone the bottom left corner has the 'menu' button...which isn't always visible or lit up ('back' button being on the bottom right corner) these are not on the screen proper. Apparently the 'menu' button had been pressed bringing up a list that included such things as adding a contact (multi texting) and so on as well as ADD TO SPAM!!!!!!! That button on the menu had been pressed while my friend was in the window texting me and I was relegated to her spam. Unclicked and we're back in business.

Moral of the story: check your menu while in text messaging and see if your iPhone friends are 'added to spam'.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 11:25 AM in response to Carolyn Barnett

Cracked it!

I don't know if this will help anyone, my problem was that from merrily texting my friend to no texts from my iPhone to her Samsung Note, then no phone calls we are back in business.

Neither one of us had changed phones or got new ones or new numbers....just same old, same old....except for the Jellybean update on her Samsung Note.

Turns out that on the Samsung phone the bottom left corner has the 'menu' button...which isn't always visible or lit up ('back' button being on the bottom right corner) these are not on the screen proper. Apparently the 'menu' button had been pressed bringing up a list that included such things as adding a contact (multi texting) and so on as well as ADD TO SPAM!!!!!!! That button on the menu had been pressed while my friend was in the window texting me and I was relegated to her spam. Unclicked and we're back in business.

Moral of the story: check your menu while in text messaging and see if your iPhone friends are 'added to spam'.

iPhone does not communicate with Samsung Note.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.