Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac randomly just turned off and now it wont turn back on, the charger light is faintly flashing green and amber?!?!

My mac randomly turned off last night had some trouble with an uncertified usb cable that I was trying to charge my iphone 5S with but it came up with that message of not being able to charge with this accessory or something so i plugged it into my mac thinking it was my plug to charge my phone then like 5 mins later my mac just randomly turns off and it did have like 90% batt but i still plugged it back in thinking it was just being wierd but then i pressed the power button after it being plugged into my mac and it wouldnt even turn on no fan starts or anything and now the colour of the charger light is very faint and is almost flickering between green and amber, please help me out I dont want to pay loads of money for something that I might be able to fix?!?!?!

MacBook Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Jan 13, 2014 2:55 PM

20 replies

Mar 30, 2015 5:34 AM in response to Abbey94

My laptop was doing the same thing, and when I plugged the charger in, the light would be very faint, you almost couldn't see that it was on when it was plugged in. I did what Solo Keita recommended and I connected the charger and the light had changed back to normal so I felt good about it turning back on. I waited a little and went to reboot (while holding option), but unfortunately nothing happened, not even a sound. Now i'm worried its not just a battery problem but it was working fine before it just randomly shut off.

I'm using a macbook pro with mavericks, and only some of my work is backed up on a cloud device. any other suggestions to get it working again? Ill prob just end up taking it to the store to have someone look at it. but i feel like there might be something I missed

Jul 2, 2015 12:35 PM in response to Abbey94

Hi Guys,

Similar thing just happened with me, and having searched the links on here I thought to paste the short cut of what could have been an hour if I'd followed some of the advice/directions about taking out the battery/restarting, ect.

My Mac book pro 15", that I've had only 48 hours, turned off with full per cent battery, a working fan and an orange light while charging? Eventually the fan went off too while searching for answers but the best instructions and quickest result was to simply press; Shift-Control-Option key and the power button at the same time. Let go and press the power button.

The screen instantly turned on, to my relief, and has been fine for the remaining 15 minutes.

The source of my relief -

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your computer.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Oct 11, 2015 8:09 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

My Macbook PRO 13 would not power up. I unplugged the battery and plugged it back in and the it turned on. The keyboard doesn't light up and if i try to take it to recovery mode it just abruptly shuts off. Then i have to unplug the battery again and plug it back in and start over. I also turn it back on and if i let it boot up it goes to a screen to reset password. I know my password but The keys won't type. If I hold down some buttons i don't remember which ones. I read them on the internet. But when i hold them down, the macbook just abruptly shuts off suddenly. If I unplug and replug the battery i can turn it on again. I am stuck and can't seem to get it into recovery mode cause when i wait for the sound after start up, i hold the command and R button but just as soon as i touch those buttons it shuts off. then i have to unplug the battery and plug it back in so that the power button with comply. Thank you for any help

My Mac randomly just turned off and now it wont turn back on, the charger light is faintly flashing green and amber?!?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.